For the third day of Frankie’s Valentine’s Day Extravaganza, JumpStart’s resident gardener Eleanor decided to show us how to bake some delicious Valentine’s snacks. She was feeling really generous this February and decided to actually give out this special recipe to one of her famous desserts! Find out what goodies Eleanor has shared with us today, along with some kind words to you Jumpeez!
Hi Jumpeez! One of my favorite activities around this time of year is baking my famous red velvet cupcakes. I just love the bright red color they make once they come out of the oven. Since Valentine’s Day is a time for sharing, I thought it would be a great idea to give my yummy recipe out to all my friends. Make sure to get a parent to help out with this activity, since it could get messy! Check out the recipe below with instructions!–Eleanor
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1cup buttermilk or water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 bottle (1 oz) red food color
2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress so that it will be nice and toasty by the time you create your batter. Make sure to grease your cupcake pan at this point and fill each spot with special Valentine’s-themed cupcake wrappers.
2. In one bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs until fully combined.
3. In your second bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients.
4. Combine the dry mixture into the large bowl, stir until your batter is a consistent red. Once your batter has been mixed thoroughly, add a cup of chocolate chips to really add some kick to your cupcakes!
5. Pour batter into cupcake container and bake for however long your cake mixture recommends.
6. Add frosting and sprinkles to your new creations!
Once your yummy cupcakes have cooled off, hand them out to all your friends!
Filed under: Frankie's Valentine's Day Extravaganza, Valentine's Day | Tagged: cupcakes, Frankie's Valentine's Day Extravaganza, Valentine's Day | Leave a comment »