These baby monkeys were having a bit too much fun in this mango tree and now the sentence we just wrote got scrambled! Guess that is what happens when you try doing a bit of writing next to a group of pranksters like them! Can you use your writing talents to put these words back in order? Ask a parent for help downloading and printing this Worksheet of the Week to save our story AND practice working on your sentence structure techniques! http://budurl.me/Worksheet130
Looking for ways to get the family excited about the upcoming holiday season? Design a 10-day countdown to allow them to get into the swing of things. To make it more interesting add a level of mystery to the planned activity of the day by writing each down on a piece of paper and tossing it into a festive holiday hat or decorated container. With each passing day, have your kids blindly select an activity to enjoy.
Short on ideas? Here are some of our favorite Holiday activities that are not only festive but also perfect for the family.
- Holiday Caroling – Gather your kids and local friends to coordinate a caroling adventure through your neighborhood or a local community center. Pick your favorite holiday tunes and practice a few times before heading out.
- Cookie Swap Parties – Cookie swap parties are perfect for kids and adults that are big on baking or simply just fans of these festive sweet treats. To get started, get your guest list together and when everyone arrives, guest can swap cookie and recipes to share with their family and friends.
- Ornament Making – For some hands on fun, invite your kids to make their very own homemade holiday ornaments, using easily found materials like cinnamon scented salt or modeling dough. Use cookie cutters to create festive shapes to hand around your home or tree.
- Cookie Decorating – A perfect alternative to baking and a much easier feat to manage with younger kids, grab a fun selection of different colored icings, sprinkles and other edible food decorations and lay out some cookies for you kids or holiday guests to enjoy.
- Holiday Movie Night – Bundle up and snuggle up by the television with your kids by sharing a holiday themed movie with them. You can even set out special treats to make the event feel more special than their average night in front of the TV.
Halloween is sneaking up on us faster than a spooky monster in a haunted house. There are tons of different options for how to spend the night with your kids. Trick-or-treating, community events or a get together at your house are just a few options. Read on for our suggestions on how to make the night frightfully fun for your family!
All the exhilaration and family fun of a football game is sprinting straight to your mobile device because JumpStart is teaming up with the NFL! We are proud to announce the launch of NFL RUSH GameDay Heroes! Join the team huddle as JumpStart gears up for football season in BIG ways to bring your family a new line-up of action packed games!
Gear up to support your favorite NFL team before rallying for that gameday win! This exciting app allows you to customize your very own football player before taking the field in a series of exciting and fast-paced mini games! Utilize strategy and game-changing power ups to push ahead as you race through round after round of competitive play with your friends and family.
What are you waiting for, Jumpeez? Connect with your friends and play in real time for a chance to rack up points and become the ultimate GameDay Hero! Best of all – this is only the beginning for JumpStart and the NFL! NFL RUSH GameDay Heroes is available through iTunes and GooglePlay (coming soon to Amazon and Windows).
Transitioning to being back-to-school can be tough for kids of any age. Try to ease them into their new routine, try planning for a few super special school lunch ideas that can lighten the stress load or ease the occasional homesick kid. After all the summer season is one that’s hard to follow!
Follow us on Pinterest to check out some of Frankie and friends favorite lunchtime treats and ideas for improving your brown bag or lunch box game. You will be surprised by how delicious and creative these healthy meals can be!
Popular lunch snacks:
Cheese sticks or slices
Sliced fresh fruit or veggies
Hummus and Pita
Yogurt and granola
Sandwiches and wraps
Bite Sized entrees – pizza, quiche, and more!
Share your suggestions in the comments below or head to our back to school lunch board on Pinterest for more exciting ideas!