Posted on December 21, 2014 by JumpStart
Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren, and I’m a member of the Community Team at JumpStart! I help work on exciting campaigns like 10 Days in Frankie’s Workshop as well as managing our different social media sites and keeping Jumpeez in the loop with new game developments and coming features! For my post in 10 DAYS IN FRANKIE’S WORKSHOP, I chose to make a gingerbread house!
Check it out below!
Filed under: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Holidays | Tagged: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Baking, candy, Christmas, crafts with kids, DIY, FrankiesElves, Gingerbread house, Gingerbread men, holiday baking, holidays, icing | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 17, 2014 by JumpStart
In addition to the many faces IN JumpStart, there are also several faces BEHIND JumpStart! These are the Producers, Artists, Designers and Community Team members who work together to create fantastic products like JumpStart! One of these is Shannon, who is a Producer on World of Madagascar. Shannon is here with an AWESOME DIY video tutorial that she made to share with Jumpeez everywhere!
Watch her video below and let us know what you think!
Filed under: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Behind the Scenes, Crafts, Holidays, Just for Fun! | Tagged: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Christmas, Christmas Crafts, crafts, Crafts for Kids, DIT Tutorial, DIY, FrankiesElves, Holiday Crafts, Holiday DIY, holidays, Reindeer, Rudolph, Video Tutorial | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 16, 2014 by JumpStart
Here for Day 2 of 10 DAYS IN FRANKIE’S WORKSHOP is Kisha! Super creative and the resident artist of JumpStart, Kisha is excited to share with you FOUR DIY ornaments you can make at home!
Filed under: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Crafts, Do It Yourself, Holidays, Just for Fun! | Tagged: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, Christmas, Christmas Crafts, crafts, DIY, DIY Christmas Ornaments, DIY Ornaments, FrankiesElves, Holiday Crafts, holidays, Kid DIYs, Kisha | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 12, 2014 by JumpStart
Hey Jumpeez! Do you recognize any of the characters in this picture? If you can’t name them all, don’t worry. Starting Monday, we’re bringing you 10 Days in Frankie’s Workshop, an all-new holiday campaign where YOU get to meet the elves who’ve been hard at work getting JumpStart ready for the holidays!
Each day, there will be a post from one of the JumpStart characters who will share a fun craft to make with your family, a cool worksheet to help you learn or an awesome activity to do with friends!
Be sure to check the blog Monday for the first day in Frankie’s Workshop!
Filed under: 10 Days in Frankie's Workshop, December, Do It Yourself, Holidays, Just for Fun! | Tagged: Christmas, crafts, current events, DIY, Elves, Frankie, holidays, JumpStart, Santa, Santa Claus, worksheets | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 8, 2014 by JumpStart
Looking for ways to get the family excited about the upcoming holiday season? Design a 10-day countdown to allow them to get into the swing of things. To make it more interesting add a level of mystery to the planned activity of the day by writing each down on a piece of paper and tossing it into a festive holiday hat or decorated container. With each passing day, have your kids blindly select an activity to enjoy.
Photo by Nomadic Laas, ©2013 Some rights reserved. Licensed by Creative Commons Public Works License
Short on ideas? Here are some of our favorite Holiday activities that are not only festive but also perfect for the family.
- Holiday Caroling – Gather your kids and local friends to coordinate a caroling adventure through your neighborhood or a local community center. Pick your favorite holiday tunes and practice a few times before heading out.
- Cookie Swap Parties – Cookie swap parties are perfect for kids and adults that are big on baking or simply just fans of these festive sweet treats. To get started, get your guest list together and when everyone arrives, guest can swap cookie and recipes to share with their family and friends.
- Ornament Making – For some hands on fun, invite your kids to make their very own homemade holiday ornaments, using easily found materials like cinnamon scented salt or modeling dough. Use cookie cutters to create festive shapes to hand around your home or tree.
- Cookie Decorating – A perfect alternative to baking and a much easier feat to manage with younger kids, grab a fun selection of different colored icings, sprinkles and other edible food decorations and lay out some cookies for you kids or holiday guests to enjoy.
- Holiday Movie Night – Bundle up and snuggle up by the television with your kids by sharing a holiday themed movie with them. You can even set out special treats to make the event feel more special than their average night in front of the TV.
Filed under: Behind the Scenes, Family Activities, Family Fun, Holidays | Tagged: buddies, DIY, family activities, holidays | 2 Comments »
Posted on November 3, 2014 by JumpStart
Photo by Martin Cathrae, ©2009 Some rights reserved. Licensed by Creative Commons Public Works License
Something about home decorations help make the holidays feel complete– that is, in addition to quality time spent with the family! We gave you recommendations for getting your home in the Halloween spirit and we’re back with some more ideas for Thanksgiving decorations! As you’re taking down jack-o-lanterns, ghoulish ghosts and the rest of your Halloween decorations, switch them out with some of these fall favorites.
Filed under: Crafts, Decorations, Do It Yourself, Fall, Family Activities, Holidays, Thanksgiving | Tagged: Acorns, Autumn, Decorations, DIY, Fall, Fall Decorations, Home Crafts, Leaves, Pinecones, Pumpkin, Pumpkins, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Decorations | 8 Comments »