Does your child remember what he or she was like a year ago? Chances are that, other than a few easy facts (“I was shorter!”) and a handful of special occasions, 2008 is little more than a distant memory. This year, help your kids understand how much they really grow and change in a year with the time capsule craft! It’s a great way to remember 2009 and say goodbye for good to a year past and hello to the new year.
What you’ll need:
- 1 strong, medium-sized capsule, such as a mason jar, coffee can, or wooden box
- 1 zip-lock bag
- Construction paper
- Markers, stickers, and other favorite decorations
- Optional: Shovel / trowel
- Materials to capture the year 2009
- Newspaper clippings from town
- School pictures
- Small toys
- List of activities from the year, etc.