Posted on November 30, 2009 by JumpStart
Since Thanksgiving has now passed us as quickly as winter days fade, it’s time to admit that it’s getting cold. Nevertheless, many hometowns will not get a chance to play in the snow and make snowmen during the winter. If you live in such a place, then we have a craft for you that combines these wonderfully winter things! And even if you live in a place that gets plenty of snow, here’s your chance to bring the outdoors in!
Super Snowman Snowflake
What you’ll need:
See how to cut this very unique creation out!
Filed under: Just for Fun! | Tagged: crafts, fighting boredom, Winter | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 27, 2009 by JumpStart
Posted on November 26, 2009 by JumpStart
Hello, all. We hope that the holiday season has been treating you kindly thus far. We’re certainly excited about this holiday season, as it lets us just flood the drawing board with new ideas for playing off the Fall and Winter seasons in the JumpStart.com world.
This Thanksgiving, we want to thank you for being our loyal customers! We are thankful for your questions, your honest feedback and suggestions, your comments of appreciation, your willingness to share with one another, and your commitment to your child’s learning. We’re thankful you express when you’re upset with us, and we’re thankful you express when you’re super excited about what we’re doing. Your contributions have made this blog a place of dialogue, and we are excited to see what comments we have waiting for us when we come in, each morning.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
Filed under: Just for Fun! | Tagged: Fall, holidays, JumpStart, Thanksgiving | 4 Comments »
Posted on November 25, 2009 by JumpStart
Congratulations to the fifty contestants who won a free copy of JumpStart Escape from Adventure Island!
- Alecia R. – Secan, Pennsylvania
- Alexa C. – Vestal, New York
- Amanda H. – Circleville, Ohio
- Amy N. – Victorville, California
- Amy W. – Madison, Wisconsin
- Andrea H. – Owensboro, Kentucky
- Angela P. – Appleton, Wisconsin
- Ashley S. – Cove, Arkansas
- Barbara F. – Oakboro, North Carolina
- Betty R. – Florala, Alabama
- Christine W. – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Deanna K. – Dallas, Texas
- Desiree K. – Hurst, Texas
- Dezi A. – Layton, Utah
- Erin D. – North Logan, Utah
- Eve D. – Centreville, Virginia
- Hallie G. – St. George, Utah
- Hollie D. – Ammon, Idaho
- Jason W. – Elkton, South Dakota
- Jeffrey W. – Milpitas, California
- Jennifer C. – Hallock, Minnesota
- Jennifer P. – New Albany, Ohio
- Jessica C. – Burlington, Iowa
- Jill L. – Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- Julie H. – Chandler, Arizona
- Karri M. – Eaton Rapids, Michigan
- Katherine M. – Cary, North Carolina
- Kendra F. – Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Kimberly O. – Olympia, Washington
- Kimberly W. – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Lara D. – Severn, Maryland
- Marybeth I. – Raleigh, North Carolina
- Michelle H. – Noblesville, Indiana
- Pamela L. – Genoa, Illinois
- Patricia S. – Alto, Michigan
- Rachel O. – St. Paul, Minnesota
- Renee T. – Shelby Township, Michigan
- Sarah G. – Purcellville, Virginia
- Shonda B. – Littleton, Colorado
- Stephanie R. – Ennis, Texas
- Susan S. – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Tammy L. – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Tricia F. – Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Trina W. – Grand Haven, Michigan
- Leah D. – Lincoln, Nebraska
- Lisa (samasam)
- Mat S.
- Megan B.
And another congratulations to the three contestants who won the Ultimate Escape Prize Packs!
- Beth B. – Milfay, Oklahoma
- Dixie C. – Lincoln, Nebraska
- Nicole M. – Bellevue, Nebraska
Thank you all for participating! We loved reading all of your entries, learning how delightfully imaginative everyone is, and seeing the tweets fill the air! Read about the fantastic escapes of our entrants here.
Filed under: Behind the Scenes, Just for Fun! | Tagged: Escape from Adventure Island, JumpStart, Sweepstakes, what's new | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 24, 2009 by JumpStart
UPDATE: Music from the Raymies is also now available in the Octolair.
We at JumpStart are very excited to tell you about something we have been working on for the past few months! We will be partnering with the fabulous all-girl rock band, The Raymies.
The Raymies are five girls from Southern California, ranging in age from 14 to 16-years-old. These girls write their own songs and play their own instruments.
Have you met The Raymies? Let us introduce you to the sisters, Kiana and Kalina, who are the lead vocalists. Kalina plays on the keyboard and sings, while Kiana is the frontgirl of the group, who sometimes plays rhythm guitar. Rachel is the lead guitarist and helps out with the backing vocals. Madi is an expert on the drums, and Justine is their awesome bass player.
The Raymies, from Left to Right: Justine, Madi, Kiana, Kalina, and Rachel
You and your kids will be able to check out The Raymies at JumpStart.com tomorrow when their catchy music will be featured in the JumpStart Jukebox and in the Movie House. In the future, The Raymies will be holding virtual concerts in JumpStart.com! Your toes will be tapping in no time!
Check out their awesome song, “Good Day”, below!
Excited for The Raymies? Share this post!
Filed under: Behind the Scenes | Tagged: game, JumpStart, music | 18 Comments »
Posted on November 23, 2009 by JumpStart
While the family is busy cooking in the kitchen this Thanksgiving, keep the kids entertained and in the spirit of the holiday by having them play with their very own pumpkin pie play dough!
Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
You will need a few household ingredients to make this wonderful concoction:
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 8 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 (1 1/12 ounces) container pumpkin pie spice
- Orange food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
- 4 cups water
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth.
- Store in an airtight container or a plastic bag.
Now you are ready to play! Remember, while this play dough might smell as good as a real pumpkin pie, it is not meant to be eaten!
Like this activity? Share it with friends!
Filed under: Just for Fun! | Tagged: Fall, fighting boredom, Thanksgiving | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 20, 2009 by JumpStart
We have received so many comments from fans about how much they love the fall theme at JumpStart.com that we thought it was only appropriate to make a variety of fabulous winter environments for your child to enjoy during the holiday season!
Your child will have the option of choosing from Christmas, Hanukkah or generic winter themes to use in their neighborhood during the months of December and January.
For you loyal blog followers, here is a sneak peek of what we are considering for winter decor:
Share This Sneak Peek with Friends!
Filed under: Behind the Scenes | Tagged: game design, JumpStart, Neighborhood, Winter | 3 Comments »